DEAR DAIRY: HELLO 2015






     HELLO, FRIENDS. It is currently 9:59 AM and I think this is probably the earliest I've ever written a Dear Diary post, but I have a lot to do today, and I decided this would be a good way to transition into being productive. SO.. Hello and happy Sunday. Happy 2015! A new year already! I feel like it was my birthday. ..Maybe I'm just excited to be home from vacation. The bad news is that I have to go to school tomorrow, but I'm still optimistic for a snow day, and in the event that that doesn't happen, seeing my friends for the first time in weeks wouldn't be the worst thing.
       Either way, the fresh beginning of 2015, and all the time I had to myself while I was away, has left me feeling rather recharged. I'm excited for the year that lies ahead.
       2014 was a rather odd year for me. For most of January and February, I didn't think I was going to make it to 2015. My illness was at the worst it had ever been; I was blacking out a lot and could barely walk. It was a good day if I got out of bed, but luckily, the year changed quickly and I had the most eventful summer I've ever had. Now I'm back at school with a new group of friends and, even though my health hasn't been the best this winter, I'm still doing pretty good! It's amazing how far I've come over the last twelve months and crazy to think of where I might be twelve months from now! I know that January is really just another month and nothing much has changed. Believe me, I'm fully aware of the absurdity in expecting things to be different in the new year, but I don't think I'm really expecting things to be different.. I'm just excited to have all of this time at my disposal. Maybe it's because I've never really pictured myself with a future, or maybe it's the uncertainty of what lies ahead, but either way, I'm excited to see where 2015 takes me.


       So.. yeah! I'm back from Mexico, and it feels great to be home. Even though the weather is gross here and I have nothing but homework to do, I am very happy to be tucked away in my little corner of Minnesota. One thing I learned from this trip is that you should only only travel with people you wholeheartedly enjoy- that and that airports really suck.
       The best part about my trip was probably the amount of cheeseburgers I ate (which is pretty sad considering we were in Mexico). Second place goes to the sunsets, and third would have to be the sense of clarity I have come back with. Before leaving for this trip, I was hoping that it would be a good distraction from all the things that were currently bothering me (i.e. boy problems, self-image problems..), and while Mexico turned out to be nothing but time alone with my thoughts, I seem to be in a much better place.

       If I ever find the time to go through the 500 pictures I took, I'll be sure to post some, but right now I'm too busy looking forward to the future to relive those grueling memories. So tell me about you! How has your 2015 been? Are you embracing the start of something new? What things are you excited for in the coming year? I'd love to hear your views on said topics, so leave me a comment down below! Until next time, friends. I hope your 2015 is spectacular!




0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© elainalosersmith 2015. All rights reserved.

-

If I used any of your images, and you would like them taken down, please message me.

image