DEAR DIARY


     Hello, friends.
     Today is my family's annual fake Thanksgiving. My father's parents live in Mexico for half of the year, and they're leaving to head south tomorrow, so today is the day where my grandma makes us all get together and eat food. I don't exactly enjoy spending a lot of time with my grandparents - I think this might just be programmed into my teenager hard drive, but my grandma is also totally nuts. I'm sort of grateful that they live in Mexico for half of the year, because it feels like she stops by our house almost daily for the months that they are here. I mean, I love her and all, but the only thing I want to do when I walk in the door after school is make a sandwich and lay in bed.
      Usually my grandparents make the whole traditional turkey, cranberries, and pie smorgasbord, but this year we just got pizza. I'm not a big fan of the place we ordered from, and I had eaten a decent-sized breakfast, so I decided to just stick with the desert pizza. ..Turns out this particular desert pizza has nuts in it. Being as I am mildly allergic to nuts, I spent the rest of fake Thanksgiving napping in the car. ...This pretty much sums up how great most of our family outings turn out.
      We just got home about an hour ago, and after taking a nice detox bath, I'm feeling much better. I've got my cup of tea, and I'm being productive, so things are definitely going up. What's even better is that once I'm done working on this blog stuff, I can go curl up in my bed and call it a night. WHOO.

image

     Let's see, what else is there to tell you about... I feel like a lot has happened since I last wrote to you guys.
     I was right about the whole "everything's gonna fall apart" bit that I mentioned last time. Luckily, it only really exploded for about three days --It was a really rough three days though, folks. I definitely spent most of those mornings trying not to fall apart at school and then turning into a teary mess as I walked home. There have been some romantic conflicts going on in my friend group lately, and it's causing everyone a bit of emotional damage. I certainly don't know what to do. On one hand, I'm struggling to keep all of my friends as my friends, and on the other hand, I'm a bit head over heals right now (which is also a problem). I hate having feelings for people. It just hasn't ever worked out well at all. My subconscious is trying to stop things before I get too involved, and that probably won't turn out great either. To top it off, this kid that I hardcore crushed on for a couple of years has also expressed definite interest in me. **very audible sigh** I think this is why I've sort of been avoiding writing a Dear Diary post lately. I don't want to have to figure out my thoughts enough to put them into words. ...Not to mention that all of the people I'm writing about know how to get here. Maybe a public diary isn't the best way to navigate my highschool drama.. Then again, the "best way" would probably be to go find a unicorn to bless me with good luck and everlasting wisdom. I could really use some superior guidance, that's for sure.
      What else?..
      I cut my hair. That's a pretty routine Elaina Smith move for handling stress. I like taking things out on my hair, because even if I completely destroy it, it will fix itself eventually. It also doubles as a decent enough distraction. Just as a warning, if my hair winds up blue or green anytime soon, it definitely means I've gone off the deep end, folks.

     The good news is that I only have 2 1/2 days of school this week! God bless MEA. 

Things I need to do over MEA break:
  • take my senior pictures
  • study for the ACT
  • work on my college portfolio/applications
  • plan out my life

Things I'll actually do over MEA break:
  • mess things up some more
  • eat my feelings
  • catch up on Parks & Rec
  • sleep

      My final decision for what I'm gonna go do tonight is plug in my christmas lights and learn some moody Karen O songs on my ukulele.   Good decision; I know.

image

(Please send good juju.)


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© elainalosersmith 2015. All rights reserved.

-

If I used any of your images, and you would like them taken down, please message me.

image