ONE STEP AT A TIME

     With spring just around the corner, I'm starting to feel that sense of rejuvenation that just comes along with certain times of the year. Do you know what I mean? It's like that notion that suddenly your life might be different when the clock strikes midnight on New Years. Even if your surroundings aren't dramatically shape shifting into a giant puddle like mine are, I'm sure you've been feeling this a little bit too, right? And I mean who's to say this couldn't be your fresh start? Spring is the perfect time for new beginnings, and even if you can't remember what your New Year's resolutions were, that's just a better reason to try harder this time around!

       So what's the goal? I think, overall, happiness is all that really matters in life. What brings you happiness? Really think about that for a few seconds.... NOW FILL EVERYDAY WITH THAT! Really you just gotta love yourself and love life and live it while you can! Here's the mantra: I'm going to do something today to make my life better. I'm going to do something today that makes me happy. It doesn't have to be anything big, but at least you can go to sleep knowing that today was worth it! It's one stepping stone to a brighter, happier you!
       It kind of sounds dumb writing all this, but what's even dumber is the stagmatism we have towards being happy. Sure, being sad is certainly just a part of life sometimes, but I feel like it's more so of an expected way of life amongst people my age. And I know that when you're depressed, someone telling you to snap out of it is the last thing you want to hear, but my way of thinking is that even though we're really just sacks of water living seemingly without purpose on a dying planet, why not at least take advantage of the opportunity to be a sack of water?? Eat some more ice cream. Read another book. Do what you enjoy and embrace the fact that you might just die at the hands of a freak accident tomorrow.
At the end of the day, would you rather be dwelling in regrets or laughing at the moments you made?

The mantra: 
I'm going to do something today to make my life better. 
I'm going to do something today that makes me happy.

Now doing something that makes you happy is really a matter of perspective, but here are some big & small ways to make your life a little better (just in case you needed some help getting started):
wash your bed sheets / exercise / eat some chocolate / clean your room
take a walk / end an abusive relationship / switch out coffee for tea / compliment a stranger
watch a funny movie / drink more water / get a massage / kiss someone cute
tell someone you love them / return your library books on time / treat yourself to a smoothie
buy yourself a nicer pillow / eat lunch with a friend / try yoga / pick some flowers


Make a list of the things you actually want to accomplish this spring and just do them. Life is surrounded with limitations, but we are crazy good at getting around them. Reward yourself for being productive. Surround yourself with positive reinforcements. Be happy. YOU DESERVE ALL THE HAPPINESS, OKAY?


1 comments:

 
© elainalosersmith 2015. All rights reserved.

-

If I used any of your images, and you would like them taken down, please message me.

image