Lush Review: FUN 

    When I received my Lush package about three weeks ago, I was so excited to see that they had sent me a little extra surprise. Inside my box, they had given me a little sample of all five colors of one of their newer products, FUN.
      "Treat your kids and your inner child to some well-deserved playtime with our multi-purpose moldable soap, FUN. This brilliant innovation is a four-in-one phenomenon combining soap, shampoo, bubble bath, and malleable toy into a single roll. Each color has a unique scent that evokes fond childhood memories of things like fresh baking and candies. What could be sweeter?" 
    Let me just tell you that I am in love with the smell of these. They have been sitting in my room, and they just making everything smell beautiful. My favorite is definitely the pink one, but they all smell pretty great. I've heard that the pink one smells like Lush's Snow Fairy, if that is helpful as a reference. In my opinion, the pink smells like candy and bubble baths and ...  some sort of a floral scent. It's a really odd smell. All of the scents are pretty interesting and unique. The red one smells like some citrus-y candy. The yellow one is almost impossible to describe. Lush describes it as a "cozy vanilla", but for me the smell is reminiscent of a basement or laundry room. I can smell the slightest bit of vanilla, but I would not recommend the yellow option if you are looking for a truly vanilla bath product. The green option smells just like limes. The blue FUN is a scent I recommend for boys. Buy it for your boyfriend. It has a subtle cologne smell to it, but it also smells a lot like Fresh Farmacy.
     I think the main reason for buying this product is the versatility Lush claims it has. It is supposed to function as a toy, shampoo, bubble bar, or soap. I would say that this product is best used as a soap though. The product could also be used as a toy, but I don't see why you would use your Lush products as a toy. The consistency is thicker than playdoh, almost like clay, but not rough like a solid shampoo. This leads into my confusion as to how this product is supposed to work as shampoo. It really doesn't lather all that well, and the consistency just isn't suitable for shampoo use. I'm not quite sure what the expectations of using this product as a bubble bar would be, but you would definitely get better results just buying a $4 bottle of bubble bath at Target. I do not mean to bash the product, I just mean to say that the versatility this product claims to have is a bit overrated. It is fabulous used as soap. They are very moisturizing, and they smell great.
     Something else to note is that they are very pigmented. I used the red one when I was shaving my legs, and my legs were very orange by the end. I think the color washed away pretty well, but I'm slightly afraid as to how the green one would work. They definitely transcribe a lot of pigment. It will get everywhere if you are not careful. On another side note, if you buy the full size of this product, it is definitely going to last you a long time. The samples they sent me were a pretty good size, but I only used half of one to lather up my whole body and test it as a bubble bar. To day the least, I was impressed.
     Overall, I would highly recommend this product. The price is great for the amount you are getting, and the pink one is just to die for. In addition, they are super moisturizing when used as a soap, but I would stick away from using this product as a shampoo or bubble bar.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© elainalosersmith 2015. All rights reserved.

-

If I used any of your images, and you would like them taken down, please message me.

image